Mittwoch, 3. April 2019

I Am Much Too Alone in This World, Yet not Alone

 


I am too alone in the world, and not alone enough
to make every minute holy.
I am too tiny in this world, and not tiny enough
just to lie before you like a thing,
shrewd and secretive.
I want my own will, and I want simply to be with my will,
as it goes toward action,
and in the silent, sometimes hardly moving times
when something is coming near,
I want to be with those who know secret things
or else alone.
I want to be a mirror for your whole body,
and I never want to be blind, or to be too old
to hold up your heavy and swaying picture.
I want to unfold.
I don't want to stay folded anywhere,
because where I am folded, there I am a lie.
And I want my grasp of things
true before you. I want to describe myself
like a painting that I looked at
closely for a long time,
like a saying that I finally understood,
like the pitcher I use every day,
like the face of my mother,
like a ship
that took me safely
through the wildest storm of all.

Rainer Maria Rilke


Ich bin auf der Welt zu allein...

Ich bin auf der Welt zu allein und doch nicht allein genug,
Um jede Stunde zu weihn.
Ich bin auf der Welt zu gering und doch nicht klein genug,
Um vor Dir zu sein wie ein Ding,
Dunkel und klug.
Ich will meinen Willen und will meinen Willen begleiten
Die Wege zur Tat;
Und will in stillen, irgendwie zögernden Zeiten,
Wenn etwas naht,
Unter den Wissenden sein
Oder allein.
 
Ich will dich immer spiegeln in ganzer Gestalt,
Und will niemals blind sein oder zu alt,
Um dein schweres schwankendes Bild zu halten.
Ich will mich entfalten.
Nirgends will ich gebogen bleiben,
Denn dort bin ich gelogen, wo ich gebogen bin.
Und ich will meinen Sinn
Wahr vor dir. Ich will mich beschreiben
Wie ein Bild das ich sah,
Lange und nah,
Wie ein Wort, das ich begriff,
Wie meinen täglichen Krug,
Wie meiner Mutter Gesicht,
Wie ein Schiff,
Das mich trug
Durch den tödlichen Sturm
 
Rainer Maria Rilke

 

Keine Kommentare: